Snow = Production

   Well the weather in the south cost me my trip to Atlanta this weekend to be at my sister's wedding shower with all the O'Connor's. As soon as I realized I couldn't go, and was pretty down about it, I decided to make the best of it and break out the paints!
   A lot of artists seem to have their own personal style in all their pieces and (as you will find) I don't know if I've found mine yet...or that I really want just ONE style to perfect, so I like to try my hand at a lot of different things and maybe one day I'll have my own "look" but for now I'll keep you on your toes.
   So I broke out the ol' trusty box of paints and brushes and sat down to paint something fun. I knew I didn't want it to be serious or time-consuming...just wanted a lovely afternoon, inside a snow-capped house, while I enjoyed bringing a little story to life. And that's what I did. It took me 4 hours and I came up with these little guys. I wasn't sure what I wanted their relationship to be, whether they were friends or maybe mother-and-son but (with a little help from my roomies) we decided this lady was a cougar, and she has her eye on this young chap. But you can make up your own theory! So, although I missed out on all the fun in Atlanta this weekend, at least I accomplished a little something.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the birds Bek... It looks like they are just as fascinated with us as we are with them. We missed you in Atlanta, but it was a good choice to stay off the roads.

Post a Comment